Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 58 - Huaraz

Elder Miller's weekly summary from October 3rd, 2016

This week was a great week in the work. We were super busy all week doing things for the zone and working in our area. Time sure flies by when you are having fun.
This week we have been working with a less active member, hermana Agripina and her daughters. They have started to read The Book of Mormon from the beginning and yesterday we had a really awesome lesson with them. We got to answer a few of their questions about The Book of Mormon and about why Joseph Smith was disciplined by the Lord for a short time during the translation. After we had answered a few of their questions my companion asked them if that felt like they had received an answer to know that the book is true. They explained to us their feelings about The Book of Mormon and told us that what they have read up to now they know to be true. They told us that it has in a sense opened a door into another world. My companion, hermana Agripina, and myself had some pretty big smiles. We were pretty happy. The Book of Mormon is so powerful, and I am so grateful for it.
The less active member that we taught last week, hermano Luis, is still progressing and doing very well. We have gotten to visit him a few times this past week, and he always gives us a big hug when we see him. He got to come to conference and it seemed like he quite enjoyed it. It has been such a blessing to see his progress in these past two weeks.
I really enjoyed general conference this past week as well. It was a great weekend filled with great council from the Lord´s leaders. I really loved the talk by Elder Hales in the first session and how he talked about families. I also really enjoyed the talk by Elder Holland in the priesthood session. Holding the priesthood is a great privilege. I liked how many people talked about repentance and how it is a blessing in our life. I know that the general authorities, apostles, and Prophet Thomas S. Monson are called of God. I am so grateful to be a missionary in this time. It is a great privilege to be a missionary. I really love it. I know that the Lord loves us and knows us, and I also know that we can come to know him.

a little bit of a zoomed in pic of the mountains from our room


No comments:

Post a Comment