Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Week 72 - Huaraz


This week was a great week here in Huaraz! It started off a little bit slow Monday and Tuesday, but by Wednesday we got busy with more lessons.
This week we got to visit with Hermana Estela a few times, and we got to help her a little bit. She progressing well. We are really trying to help her with  few of the commandments right now, and she is very willing to be obedient. This week we went to visit her with one of the sisters in our ward and she really helped Hermana Estela understand the blessings of living the commandments. Being obedient to the commandments can bless your whole family. It the end of the lesson Hermana Estela prayed and it was the most sincere prayer that I have heard from her. I am grateful that the Spirit has helped her progress so much in the time that we have been visiting her. One of the happiest moments of this week was this last Sunday when Hermana Estela came to church with her mom, daughter, and her sister. The gospel has really helped them to be more united as a family.
We have also started working with a young man about our age this week. His name is Hermano Franklin. He is very willing to learn, and we got to teach him about the restoration and the Book of Mormon this week. It is always such a blessing getting to teach people who are willing to listen. The message of the restoration is such a blessing for those who choose to listen to it and accept it.
This last Saturday was a pretty great day as well. I cant believe that I am 20 years old. Time here in the mission sure is flying by. We ate tacos for lunch, and when we ate dinner we ate cake as well. Our pensionista is very generous to us.
Yesterday was an interesting day. We had transfers last night. I am going to be staying here in Huaraz for one more transfer!!! I am very happy about that! I feel very blessed that the Lord has put me where I am at at this time. I know that he knows us and loves us.

my birthday lunch, tacos!!!!! Hermana Gaby really spoils us


my companion made sure that I enjoyed the cake. I guess its tradition here in Peru to take a bite out of the cake, so I went for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment