Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 55 - Viru (last day in Viru)


Elder Miller's Summary from today, September 12th, 2016

heres a pic of my second companion Elder rodriguez and I at the multizone conference we had


One more week here in Viru is in the books. It was a great week. Last Monday we had a really nice family home evening with our Pensionista, who is an investigator, and her sister, who is a member. We got to talk a lot about the Savior and we invited her to read the Book of Mormon. Then a little bit later we went and visited the councilor of our branch president and his family. We got to have a really good visit with them and we reminded him of our Branch Council meetings that we have. He was so humble and really listened to us and I really appreciated that. The people here in Viru are so great. They are very humble.
This week we also got to know a new family. It turned out that the mom had actually worked for the member who fed some of the first missionaries that came to Viru. She remembered that they were really good people and that they worked hard. It is interesting how something so little that happened so many years ago had an impact on this lady, and that it helped us to earn her confidence. It didn't take me long to realize that as a missionary baptisms don't really come easy. Helping families to progress doesn't really come easy either, but we are planting seeds that will help these families and the missionaries in the future.
The highlight of my week was probably seeing a less active family come to church yesterday. I have passed by this family and visited them during pretty much my whole time here. At times they haven't really wanted to listen, and at times we have been able to have really spiritual experiences with them. They finally came to church yesterday. I couldn't help but smile as I saw them enter into sacrament room all cleaned up in their Sunday bests.
Yesterday we also had changes. After seven months here in Viru I will be going to a new area to proselyte. I am going back to the mountains of Huaraz. I am sooooooo excited to go back to Huaraz. It is definitely tough to leave the people here and the great missionaries in this zone, but I am so excited for the new opportunity to serve in Huaraz with a super great missionary named Elder Pacheres. I will head to Trujillo tomorrow morning, then tomorrow night I will head to Huaraz and I will get there early Wednesday morning. This week is going to be quite the adventure.
I know that this is the work of the Lord. I Know that He knows us personally and that He is very patient and loving. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have been given to serve in this great work.

No comments:

Post a Comment