Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Monday, September 19, 2016

Week 56 - Huaraz

My first week back in Huaraz was great! I got here early in the morning last Wednesday. This week my companion and I have been visiting quite a few of the members and we have gotten to visit a few investigators as well. The members here in Huaraz are awesome!
This week my companion, Elder Pacherres, and I had a family home evening with a Family of members. We invited another family of investigators to come with us and they came and had a great time. We talked about obedience and about Mosiah 2:41. I really love how simple the Gospel is. Keep the commandments and receive blessings.
Yesterday we got to visit the same family of investigators and we got to talk to them a little bit about The Book of Mormon. They had read a little bit in their Books and had a few questions when we got there. We talked for a little while with them, and helped them understand The Book of Mormon. It was really cool to see them light up as they understood the answers to their questions, and in the end of the lesson one of them said that it made so much sense. I am very grateful for people who have been prepared by the Lord to be humble and to listen to us. I am very grateful for The Book of Mormon and for the message that it contains of hope.
This week we visited another member family that I knew when I was in this Zone when I started my mission. It was so great to see them again. They have had a few trials lately, but they let us visit with them and we watched a Mormon message with them. In the end of the lesson they bore their testimonies and it was really cool to see the hope that they had because of their faith. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to get to help the great people here strengthen their faith.
Yesterday we had stake conference here in Huaraz, so I got to see a few of the members from Caraz, my first area. It was so great to see them and to talk to my first bishop here in the mission. One of the sisters, that was our pensionista there for a few weeks, brought me manjar(its a sweet spread that they put on cakes here or on bread) because she remembered that I loved it. The conference was great. I really liked the talk from our Stake President, President Zavaleta. He talked about how we need to strive to be perfect like our Savior was. He explained that, although we will never become perfect in this life, we need to strive to know the Lord and to follow in his footsteps.
This week my companion and I have really gotten to see how the Lord fulfills the promises that we leave with the people that we visit. I remember hearing earlier in my mission that we should be the most optimistic people. I am very grateful for the gospel, and for a Loving and patient Heavenly Father. I know the Book of Mormon is true and that The Church of Jesus Christ has been restored.
Lunch today (Elder Miller & his companion, Elder Pacherres


No comments:

Post a Comment