Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Week 24 - Caraz

This is Elder Miller's last day in Caraz, he is being transferred to a place called Viru.  I'm anxious to see & hear all about his new area.
 
Here is Elder Miller's Summary and a couple pictures from him too.
Clouds on the mountains in the morning

The Whitney's from Arizona.
 
Wow This week was awesome. We had some pretty cool stuff happen this week. As i have been talking about we have been working with a family that has been progressing and coming to church, but the only difficulty was that the parents needed to get married. This week we decided to talk to them pretty directly about this in a lesson. So we did and the lesson went well and in the end they asked us "well we are already married with papers and everything." My jaw dropped and i just started laughing because i was so surprised. They thought that they had to be married in a church or something so they were confused and thats why they told us they werent married. So now they are on track for baptism in the next month.
We also had a cool experience with prayer this week with our pensionista. Her daughter had her baby this week on thursday, but things werent looking very good in the morning there were some complications and our pensionista was very worried and sad. After listening to her while we ate our breakfast I honestly had no clue as to how to help her. The only idea that i had was to pray. So thats exactly what we did. I invited her to kneel in her living room with us and I said a prayer for her and her family. At the end of the day we went and visited her and all went well. Her daughter and her baby are now at home. I was so relieved to know that all is well.
Yesterday we had changes because it was the last day of the transfer. IN the morning I was kind of nervous and discouraged because some of our investigators didnt come to church and I was also kind of home sick. We had a great church meeting though and the day got a lot better. In the afternoon my companion got a call from the assistents that he is going to train a new missionary and after they talked with my companion they asked to talk to me. Elder Weber was the assistent who I talked to and he told me that they had talked with President Rios and had been thinking and decided to give me the opportunity to be a district leader and that they felt really good about it. I was soooo happy and I accepted the responsiblity. Wow I am so excited and I feel so blessed that the Lord has trusted me with a new opportunity. The only bad part is that I am leaving Caraz. I am going to Viru. Nevertheless I am super excited for this new opportunity. I have had two great district leaders as companions so i have learned from them so I at least have a little bit of a base of how things should be done. 
I am so excited for this new transfer. We will travel on a bus all night tonight, so here goes another adventure. I love the mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment