Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Monday, February 22, 2016

Week 26 - Viru

This week was a great week. It started out a little rough just trying to get used to the new area but it got a lot better and we had a great week. The Zone leaders here are so awesome. One of them is Elder Cook. He is from Utah and he played football in high school so we got to talk a lot about that last pday and that was fun. He also has helped me a ton. He has a really strong testimony and he has given me a ton of advice and answers to my questions that i have as a District Leader. Being a leader is such a cool responsibility. Its not easy and im definitely learning every day. It is very cool the little inspirations that you recieve for your district though. I have really been thinking and praying to have a plan for the Book of Mormon in our areas and in our companionships. Im excited to work with them this week and to develop this plan a little bit.
My companion and I had  great week. He is a really hard worker so that is a huge blessing. We have a few great families that we are working with. We have been working a lot with one family in particular. I talked a little bit about them last week. (he dad only gets one day off every month) We have been really thinking and praying for them lately and this week we had a cool lesson with the dad in the Church. It is really cool how these people get prepared before we find them and as we teach them as well. We are in the process of working with him and the members to find a new job so he can have more time with his family.
My companion and I also had a cool Missionary Devotional thing with a fire. The wood here is super dense by the way. It is super heavy! 
I also gave a talk in church yesterday and it went well. I used one of the talks from one of the new apostles. I dont remember his name(oops) but I really like how he said in his talk that the Lord doesnt call us because of what we have done but rather for what he needs to do through us. 
It was a great week here in Viru. I feel like I live in an oven that never gets turned off, just turned down a little bit at night. 
I love being a missionary and Im so grateful for the things Im learning even if it is hard at times. It will all be worth it in the end!
The Bonfire with his companion.
 
The church in Viru.


Elder Miller and the LIZARD he ate! 
(He said, "don't worry mom, it was cooked")  eekk!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment