Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Monday, February 15, 2016

Week 25 - Viru

This was Elder Miller's first week in his new area Viru.

My first week here in Viru went well. It is a lot different than Caraz, so its taking a little bit of time to adjust. Its been a pretty good start so far though. I got my birthday package this week as well so that definitely made my day and I've been enjoying it every day. Viru is more like desert. There are fields with crops, but the little mountains around us don't have any plants on them. It is super hot here all the time pretty much, so I pretty much shower in the morning and don't dry off all day because I'm constantly sweating. its kind of funny. I have been drinking lots of water so don't worry(mom) There is a church here though so that is so awesome. It is a really beautiful building. The members use it a lot so that is really cool to see.
My first week as a district leader went pretty well. I'm definitely learning. I just have to remember to be patient with myself and everyone around me. My last companion was really laid back and a pretty much always happy so I'm trying to follow his example. We also had a few baptims in our district this week so that was a really cool experience to see. We have a really awesome zone as well. I've got quite a few friends in the zone.
My new companion is Elder Herget. He is from Connecticut and his dad is actually from Lethbridge Alberta! So that was super cool to find that out. He is a really cool kid and he likes sports so this should be a fun companionship. He is also a hard worker so im excited for these next couple of months.
We have a family of investigators here that was definitely prepared for this message. They are so awesome and they come to church and read the Book of Mormon. The only trouble is that the dad cant come to church and we are working on helping them get married. The dad actually works 8 hours every day and only gets one day off every month. That blew my mind. We have plans to fast with them this week so we can find a way for him to be able to come to church and spend more time with his family.
Overall it was a pretty good week. I've definitely been praying a lot and its crazy how calm you feel after a sincere prayer. I'm definitely grateful for that.
Running with a Dog
Elder Miller wrote:  "My companion did get a head start I'd have you remember ;)"

No comments:

Post a Comment