Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Monday, March 7, 2016

Week 28 - Viru

This week's summary from Elder Miller.
 
This kid cracks me up!  Check out that sweet cell phone.  LOL
 When the power goes out we plan with candles haha such an adventure!
 
This week was such a great week. My companion and I  were kind of frustrated at the beginning of the week and we talked with a few Elders to get ideas of how we could help our area out better. We kind of ended up changing our vision a little bit. At  times in the mission you get stuck walking in the same pattern and youve got to change. Change has brought me a lot of success on my mission so far.
This week we have had a lot of success with one investigator. He is the husband of a recent convert and he has been kind of halfway interested in the church and we have invited him time after time to come and he hasent come because he has been helping his friend. So we offered to help him with his friend and we ended up painting the inside of his house with him this last saturday. It was such a great experience. That little act of service with this guy has made such a difference. He came to church yesterday and at the end he told us that it was awesome. I am super happy with his progress and Im excited to see his progress in these next few weeks. His wife is super excited too and she was asking us about when she could receive the temple ordinances yesterday, so she is definitely looking to the future with her family in the church.
We found a few new people to teach this week as well. We have started to work with them, so it will be great to keep working with them. 
I had a great week with my district this week too. One of the companionships has a guy that is going to be baptized this week, so I got to interview him. It was my first baptism interview and it was a really cool experience. The Elders did a great job helping him. I also had a great talk with one Elder and got to know him a lot better on a change we did this week for a day. I was able to help him a little bit because of the experiences Ive had so far on my mission. I know that the Lord gives us experiences for a reason and prepares us to help the people around us. 
Ive also learned that Im not always very good at listening to people. Ive learned in my mission that when you just stop for a second and listen that you can actually help the people around you so much better.
It was a good week in Viru with Elder Herget. He is a great missionary and I think we are going to be good buds! 
The mission is such a great experience. It is crazy all of the things that we do and learn in such a short time. Im so grateful for the Atonement and for the opportunity to learn, grow and gain experiences in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment