Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Monday, March 28, 2016

Week 30 - Viru

Wow this week was another great one here in Viru. Probably one of the harder weeks I've had in my mission so far. There were a few days that we could not find anyone to teach, so the days went by super slow and we walked a ton. As the week went on it got much better ,however. We have been working with a few of the same families for a little while and every week is interesting to see their progress. Some progress a ton, but at times we don't even get to visit with them at all because we can never find them in their house. 
We did have a few great lessons with two great families this week that were so awesome. Yesterday we had one with a couple who is not married and the guys brother was there too and he actually served a mission and is active in the church right now. We had a little lesson about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and i got kind of frustrated in the end because the lady wasn't really able to understand a ton of it because she doesn't know how to read. Then the brother shared his testimony, and it was so sincere and powerful. After the testimony the lady told us she felt something really good during the testimony. When she said that I realized that it doesn't matter if they understand everything perfectly for every lesson, but rather they should be able to feel the spirit. That is the most important thing.
We actually learned a lot about the role of the spirit this week in this work in our zone conference and I actually got to teach a little part of it so that was a cool opportunity. We set personal goals to get better at certain points of the work.
I am having a lot of fun with my companion Elder Herget. We have definitely been enjoying the package from our grandmas this week. 
I'm very grateful that I have the opportunity to serve and to try and be the best example I can be to those around me. I know that through our savior and his atonement we can all become better people, learn from mistakes, and have eternal families. This is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.



at the bottom of the Castillo de Zaraque



Elder Herget & Elder Miller 

His BEST Jordan pose.  He cracks me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment