Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Week 27 - Viru

Weekly Summary and pictures from Elder Miller.

This week was another great week here in Viru. The highlight of the week was a multi zone conference that we had in Trujillo with President and Sister Rios. I love them so much. When they talk you just listen. They are very powerful. President Rios had a great lesson with us about seeing the big picture(the plan of salvation) and remembering the importance of that when we are doing missionary work. He also gave us another talk on being consecrated missionaries not just missionaries who sacrifice. It was so awesome. We have a talk that talks about the same thing that we got on the first day of our missions and It talks about 4 types of missionaries. The first two are just bad. The third is pretty good. He sacrifices his two years and is obedient but his hearts not in it. The fourth missionary is great, however. He becomes consecrated. His heart is in the work and in the end his whole life is changed for the better. That is something that I'm really trying to work on lately. Its quite the process, but I'm progressing a little bit and I'm definitely seeing the difference in my mission. I'm enjoying it more and I feel like I'm able to help the people better. The hardest thing is to just realize that you cant go back and play high school football again. You cant go back to high school and you never will. Life never stays the same. Its kind of hard to take in the beginning, but I know the future holds great things if i do the best I can with what I'm doing right now. I really enjoy being a missionary.
We have some great people we are working with here and Its exciting to see their progress. We had a FHE with in a recent converts house yesterday and we pretty much packed her house with members and a few investigators. It was a huge success. We talked about the tree of life, missionary work, and finished by talking about the book of Mormon. We gave them books of Mormon to give to someone they know. It really was a great night. They told us about a lot of people they want us to visit so I'm sure they were able to feel a special spirit. I've really been focusing on the book of Mormon lately and i found two verses in DandC that i really like that talk about the BOM and missionary work. D&C 3 19&20
Today we got to go to the temple as a zone and it was so great! I love going to the temple. I've really learned on my mission to rely on the Lord and he has really become someone real for me. I'm very grateful for this gospel and the opportunity to share it!

Elder Herget & Elder Miller outside of Trujillo Temple on P-Day

A Spider Elder Miller spotted outside on the temple grounds

Elder Cook & Elder Miller outside of temple in Trujillo on P-Day

Post Temple on P-Day  .... sleepy missionaries 

PDay Temple Trip

No comments:

Post a Comment