Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Week 32 - Viru

This week was a little bit different from the rest that I've had here in the Mission but nevertheless it was still a great week. I was a little under the weather at the beginning of the week and so was my companion so we spent a little bit of time resting this week and the Whitney's (a married missionary couple) doctored us up really good and now we are good to go! We didn't get to visit the people as much as I would have liked to, but we did visit the Ortiz Family quite a bit this week.(The Family I've talked about for the past few weeks) They are awesome and the two kids who served missions in the family really have been really good solid anchors for the whole family with the passing of their mom and everything. They are doing very well and the Dad was baptized this weekend and his son(the one who served a mission) got to baptize him and confirm him. It was such a cool experience to be a part of. Hermano Luis is the sons name and he is super funny. I really enjoy visiting with them. We are continuing to work with Luis's brother and his girlfriend right now to try and help them progress towards marriage and baptism if that's what the Lord has in store for them at this time. We used the Family Proclamation and also the wise man story and showed them how they can build their family on the sure foundation of the gospel. We are working with this family and one other one that is progressing and It is so awesome to see the impact this gospel has had on their families. The promised blessings of the gospel are real. 
Wow conference this weekend was so awesome. I really enjoyed every single session and was sad to see it end. I learned a ton from it. It really inspired me to want to be the best I can, especially as a priesthood holder. Elder Holland is probably one of the most powerful speakers I have ever listened to and I really enjoyed his talk. This really is a gospel of progression and striving to getting better little by little is what its all about. I also really loved listening to The Prophet. He didn't say a ton but what he did say was powerful. I really am so grateful for this gospel and the opportunity to choose that our Heavenly Father has given us. I know if we choose to have the best attitude and put forth our best effort we will be happy in this life and in the life to come. 
 
He added this after I asked him what was wrong with him and why he was so sick.  I tried not to sound like to worrying, over-protective mother.  :-)
 
We actually were jumping a little bit hahah we were very excited about the new temple oops I forgot to mention that! I just had a cold that wouldn't go away so I had to rest a little bit extra. Im all good now don't worry mom. The Whitney's take good care of us when we are a little under the weather.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment