Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Week 37 - Viru

This was another great week in the mission. I just want to start off by saying that I love being a missionary. It is such an amazing experience. I feel so blessed to have been given this opportunity.
This week was a great week in the work. We worked a lot with Monica and Manuel this whole week and they had a hard time deciding if they wanted to be baptized this saturday. They did finally make up their minds this last friday and told us that they felt ready to go for it, so Elder Herget and I along with the Ortiz Family and a few members put together a little program and the whole thing worked out really well. They got married Saturday morning. Then they had a really awesome baptism and it was a very cool spiritual experience. It was so cool to hear their testimonies after their baptisms. They both testified of Christ and it was cool to see that they really have developed a testimony of Him. As I look back on our time working with Monica and Manuel I see that as missionaries we didnt convert them really.(to be honest I dont really feel like Im the best teacher of the gospel) but we helped them to have their own spiritual experiences, and thats what has helped them to develope their own testimonies. I believe that the Lord put us in this place at this time and helped make us instruments in his hands. I feel so blessed that he has given my companion and I the opportunity to be here at this time. I hope that I can continue to help this family the best I can. It has been so awesome to see their progress. 
Yesterday we had transfer calls and it was a bittersweet night. Elder Herget is going to Chimbote and i am staying here in our area Las Flores. It has been such a blessing to serve and learn with Elder Herget. He is a great missionary and really loves all of the people here. I am going to be training a new missionary here, so I am really excited for that opportunity! 
I know that Heavenly Father loves us and that he puts us where we need to be so that we can help him and be successful. I am so grateful for this gospel and for the opportunity to share it with the families here. 
 
 
Baptism
by the way I am not the reason that the kid next to me has a baindaid on his head hahah

No comments:

Post a Comment