Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Week 39 - Viru (summary)

This last week was another great week in Viru. It is starting to cool down here a little bit which is really nice. It still gets super hot during the afternoon, but the nights are quite a bit cooler. I actually sleep with a blanket these days. The work is going well here. My companion Elder Cruz is learning really fast and doing very well during his first weeks here in the mission. It is cool to be able to learn with him. I have realized that as we have practiced the basics more I have become a better teacher of the gospel. We have started to work with a few different families that are part member families and I really enjoy working with them. It is really cool to see the desires these people have to have their whole family in the church. As a mission we are really focusing on working with the part member families, and I have realized that the lord really prepares these families. This monday we went and visited a sister who is a less active and she told us that she and her husband who is also a less active almost went to church this last sunday, but didnt quite make it for a few reasons. It is really cool to see how the spirit works in these people to prepare them to accept or return to this gospel. The gospel is not for perfect people. It really is for people who are striving to become better, and sometimes satan discourages people and convinces them to stop trying. I find strength and I know others can find strength in the atonement of our Savior.
This last week I got to go to a little training in Trujillo for district leaders, and that was awesome. I got to learn a lot about how we can do our responsiblities better. President Rios always teaches from the scriptures and I really enjoy learning from him. We also got to eat papa johns pizza for lunch, so that was definitely a treat. 
Today we went to the temple and that was super awesome as usual. It is always a faith building experience and I always learn something new everytime I go. I really enjoy having a temple so close to us here in the mission. The temple here has the coolest paintings. 
I know that this work is so important and that the gosple blesses families and people who try to improve and do what is right. I know that The Gospel of Jesus Christ is a sure foundation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment