Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Week 38 - Viru

My first week training was a great week! I am definitely learning a lot and developing a lot of patience. My companion is Elder Cruz. He is from Texas and he is a very humble missionary. He has a really good attitude as well. We are going to have success together.
This week on Tuesday I went to Trujillo to be trained a little bit to be a trainer then we all met the new missionaries and went back to our areas. It was a very fun day. Presidente Rios is such a good teacher. He talked to us a little bit to help prepare us.
This week was a great week in the work in our area. Monica and Manuel are doing very well and this week was actually Monica's Birthday. Manuel baked her a cake and everything for her birthday. It is really cool to see how the gospel has made their family so much stronger. 
Yesterday we had a great Sunday here in Viru. It was branch council and the speakers gave great talks, and on top of that we had a great church attendance. It brought me a lot of happiness to see the church so full. I just hope we can keep it a regular thing. 
Yesterday the District Presidency and President Mendez(first councilor of President Rios) went around and visited a few families. We actually ran into them during the afternoon yesterday and they had just visited with Hermano Jesus. Hermano Jesus is the guy that we painted a house with a while ago and was really progressing, and we haven't visited him in a while because he didn't really want the church anymore. Well anyway they visited with him and talked to him about his doubts and he now has changed his mind and wants to listen again. We visited him yesterday and he actually shared his testimony in the end of the lesson. It was so awesome. His wife who was baptized 6 months ago started to tear up a little bit. It was a really cool miracle that we got to see this week.
I know that this gospel really is the path to have happiness in this life and for forever. I am very grateful for the opportunity that I have to be a missionary and to be able to learn and grow. I definitely have many weaknesses but little by little they are becoming stronger.
 
funfact...in the mission your trainer is called your dad. here is a picture of Elder Maldonado(my brother) Elder Sanchez(my dad) myself and the missionary that I am training Elder Cruz. We took this picture this last Tuesday by the office of the mission.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment