Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Week 67 - Huaraz


This last week was a very great and busy week. My companion left on Tuesday morning and I worked all day Tuesday with a missionary, that is serving in a little town outside of Huaraz called Carhuaz, who was waiting for his new companion as well. We had a great day and were able to find a few people to teach. Our new companions got here Wednesday in the morning. My new companion, Elder Torres, Is awesome. He is a hard worker and has a great attitude. He is from Chiclayo, Peru. Ive included a photo with him
We visited a few people Wednesday, then Wednesday night we traveled to Trujillo to a training with president Rios and the assistants. It was a great training. My favorite part was analyzing 3 Nephi 11 with President Rios. It really shows just how important baptism is in the Gospel. As I have studied the Gospel a little bit more this past week I have realized how much it blesses our lives. I also realized that at times we take for granted some of the greatest blessings the gospel has to offer.
This week we got to work with the Santiago Family a little bit. They are farmers and are willing to learn about the gospel. One of the difficulties that we have is that they understand the native language ketchua better that Spanish. We have been patient with them, however and little by little they are understanding.
Hermana Estela is still progressing. She is developing a firm testimony and she has helped my testimony to grow so much. She has a lot of opposition, but she keeps pressing forward. We talked to her a little bit about the scripture in Ether 4 this weeks that explains how we don't gain a testimony until after the trial of our faith. This Sunday i was worried when she didn't show up to church, but she finally did get there with her mom. I was pretty happy!
The highlight of my week was finally getting to visit our convert´s aunt. She has been less active for about 30 years, and wasn't really too excited that we wanted to visit her. We finally got to visit with her, however, and she was really sincere with us. We are excited to help her to receive the blessings of the gospel.
I know this is the work of the Lord. I know that the Holy Ghost is a real gift that brings many blessings into our lives.

with Elder Pacherres this last Thursday in Trujillo

My new companion, Elder Torres, Is awesome. He is a hard worker and has a great attitude. He is from Chiclayo, Peru. I've included a photo with him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment