Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Week 66 - Huaraz


Wow one more great week in the work of the Lord has come and gone. One more transfer in the mission has also come and gone. This week was very busy. My companion and I have still been working with Hermana Estela and she is really progressing. She came to church again this last Sunday with her mom. Her faith has been growing as she has prayed and come to church, and we talked to her a little bit more about baptism this week. We read 2 Nephi 31 with her and invited her to be baptized....and she accepted the invitation. Yeahhhh!!! She has been testifying to us in the lessons and has come a long way. I'm very excited to help her progress in the weeks that come. I am very grateful for the Book of Mormon and for the way it teaches the doctrine of Christ.
We also had a pretty awesome experience yesterday. We had a goal to find a new family yesterday. Our plans didn't go as well as we had hoped, but we decided that we had to find a family. We kept moving along, and then met a family in the street. We got to teach them a little bit. It turns out that they had actually listened to missionaries before and were very grateful for our visit. The Lord really prepares people and families for us to teach each and every week.
We got transfers yesterday and my companion is going to Casma tomorrow, so I will have a new companion. I am very grateful for the time that I have had with my companion and for the things that we have learned together. He is a super powerful missionary and always has a good attitude. He is a very firm teacher and I have learned a lot from his example as a teacher.
I will be staying here in Huaraz for at least one more transfer. That means that I will be here for Christmas and for my birthday! I'm pretty excited about that.
I am very grateful for the mission and for the opportunity that I have to learn and to grow each and every day. I am very grateful for our Lord and Savior and for his example and atonement. I know that he lives.


lunch today. Arroz con mariscos. Rice with seafood. it was pretty delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment