Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Week 15 - Caraz

Here is a little summary from Elder Miller. 
He kept it short so he could send more pictures. 
Enjoy his summer and enjoy the pictures.  What a beautiful place he get to serve in. 

We  had a great week this week. I truly love being a missionary. It is so challenging and at times discouraging but I have learned so much and am becoming much stronger. I am learning that part of serving is facing your fears. Elder Uceda told us if your afraid of knocking on a door for instance you go right up and knock on that door. If your scared to invite someone to pray invite them to pray. I really like his concept of facing your fears. This week we have been working with a few references and we had a cool experience in a lesson with one of our references from our mission leader. We asked the investigator if he had seen a change in his friend(the mission leader) and his answer was a certain yes and it was so cool. The power of an example is so real. The last thing I want to talk about is the devotional last night. Wow that was so amazing. Every single moment was a powerful spiritual experience. President Uchtdorfs talk was the best talk I have ever heard in my life I think haha I am going to print it off today actually. This is such a great experience. I love being a missionary and all of the opportunities this service offers me to learn and grow every single day. My favorite study this week was about the scripture D&C 50:14. I pretty much dissected it for 40 minutes. It was great. The very first thing i learned in the process is how important the role of a mother and father is in teaching their kids the gospel. It was actually a commandment given to Adam and Eve. The first parents on the Earth. I'm so grateful for the family that I have and that we have been able to learn and grow in the gospel together.
Look at that plow.  Elder Miller is loving seeing all the agriculture in Peru.

Potatoes! Check out that hat.  (he referred to it at his Indiana Jones hat).  ;-)

Mountains 
 
Elder Miller & Companion


Elder Miller & his companion.

'
Elder Miller posing

Elder Miller & Zone Leader

He thought it was sooo funny, they were so wet their ties stuck to their faces.  :-)

Elder Miller & Comp at Trujillo Temple

Selfie in front of tree at Mall.  (He knows I love trees). 

No comments:

Post a Comment