Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Monday, December 21, 2015

Week 17 - Caraz

Here is Elder Miller's weekly update and pictures too!  We love pictures.  We get to Skype him on Christmas Morning, so we are anxious for Friday.  Merry Christmas everyone.!

Here is what Elder Miller wrote:
This week was great. I really realized the blessings of working with members. We are currently working on teaching all of the families in ward council the lessons to refresh their minds and strengthen them. In our lessons with them this week we found a few new investigators waiting for us when we arrived to their houses, so that was a great surprise. We also found a new family in a little town called Yura Coto(kind of a cool name) that wants to learn more and wants to have us come visit them so that was great as well. I love working with families. 
This week we had interviews and a Christmas devotional with President Rios and his family. Which were so great. They are so inspired. Hermana Rios told me something that really motivated me. She said that if you give all you've got and are obedient in your mission right now then you will receive tons of blessings in your mission after your mission or in other words your life after your mission. I passed both interviews by the way hahaha President Rios really helped me to understand how to have more confidence in myself and he always teaches with examples which i love. He compared the mission to driving a car. When we first learn how we are nervous, but after experience we become more comfortable and confident.
Yesterday we went to Yungay in the afternoon and taught a family and after we went to her orchard above her house and she gave us a bunch of fresh apples and lemons. They are soooo good! The people here are so generous. 
I have really enjoyed learning more about Christmas and helping others to do so too. I am so grateful for this time of year and that i am at least able to see the snow this Christmas. I am realizing that i took a lot for granted at home especially at Christmas time. Nothing will ever beat a Montana Christmas with my family thats for sure. I will definitely have a good time here though its so fun to be with a bunch of missionaries. For Christmas here they eat a ton of Paneton which is basically sweet bread with sweet little fruit bites in it. Its actually super good. A lot of people have lights and fake trees up so a lot of their traditions are very similar. 
This opportunity that i have been given is so amazing. I am learning so much and I hope to be making my Heavenly Father, my mission president, and my family proud! 

Helado in my new tie this morning.  Feliz Navidad!

Yes, mom those of inca cola and coca cola are glass!

Christmas Party with Mission & President & Sister Rios' family

Elder Miller & Companion with President & Sister Rios & one daughter


No comments:

Post a Comment