Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Week 21 - Caraz

This weeks e-mail Summary from Elder Miller.  He wanted me to Thank EVERYONE for the birthday wishes! 
 
From Elder Miller:
Wow this week was another great week! My companion had to go to Trujillo earlier in the week for a leaders meeting there so i got to proselyte in Huaraz with two missionaries there. It was a great experience. I got to learn a few new things from them on how they teach and study so that was great. I also spent a lot of time laughing. Elder Fernandez is from my group and he is so funny. he is from the jungle in a different part of Peru. 
This week was kind of tough at times. We could not find our investigators in their houses so that was kind of frustrating, but we did have a few lessons this week and I learned to appreciate the lessons a little bit more. We taught a part member family the proclamation and once again it was super awesome. I love using the proclamation in our lessons. 
Yesterday we went on splits and I got to go with Hermano Castillo and it was great! We taught two less active families. The first one was so awesome. The Husband drives a payloader for his job so I got to talk a little bit about that with him to get to know him. He told me that someday I can come check it out when he is working so I think I might have to do that one Pday. It is so much easier to help someone learn and come unto Christ when you get to know eachother a little bit. Hermano Castillo was great to have in the lessons as well. He has a very powerful testimony. He is part of the stake high council here. 
I have learned quite a bit in my studies this week as well. I studied Elder Hollands talk about the Godhead and wow that was so awesome. I studied his talk with a lot of the Chapters in John in the Bible and I learned a ton. 
I really am kinding of feeling like its crunch time. We havent really had any baptisms so I am thinking a lot of how I can become better and change to make that happen. I know this is the work of the Lord and that it will move forward. I am definitely learning patience.
PDay last week

Hermana Vilma and her family

 Wow! I feel so blessed this week. My pensionista had a little party for me in her house for my birthday with the missionaries in my district. She made me a cake and everything. It was kind of a surprise haha it was a good time for sure!
 

1 comment:

  1. Elder Miller we are so very proud of you. You are an inspiration to us, to do better. We love you the Ruckers

    ReplyDelete