Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Week 22 - Caraz

Here is Elder Miller's weekly update.  It's starting to warm up there and beginning to feel like summer.  Enjoy the e-mail & the pictures.

Canada VS. Peru

He received a package from the YW finally!  He's sooo happy.


This week was great! We had an awesome worldwide fireside training thing with the quorum of the twelve on Wednesday with our zone in Huaraz in Wednesday and I learned so much. One of my favorite things was that we need to teach less actives like they are investigators so that we can strengthen their faith or help them find it again.
This week I also received my package from the young women with snacks and my mtc survival kit! That was an awesome surprise! My companion and I have been enjoying the snacks this week for sure! I also really enjoyed the letters! Deer Lodge Ward is the Best! 
The work here in Caraz was really super slow at times early in the week, but as the week grew older we got busy with lessons so that was awesome. The days go by so slow when its hot and we are walking a ton to find someone to teach, so its really nice when we have lessons. One day in particular we were in Yura Coto a little town outside of Caraz and we had a few lessons with less actives which was great, but we were looking for new investigators and not having a ton of success until we went to a members house and we met her grandson and his girlfriend. Her grandson is a less active member and his girlfriend is not a member. We taught them the restoration and it went great. I have really seen the power that the message of the restoration has lately. Its pretty awesome. I have seen investigators go from not wanting to listen to us to asking about baptism after hearing this lesson.
I also found an awesome quote this week in a Mormon message that I really like. ¨Never let correcting someone be more important than loving the person¨ This is definitely something that is difficult for me, but its so important. Nobody is going to listen to criticism or advice if your not giving it with love.
It was a great week here in Caraz! The mission life is pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment