Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Week 43 - Viru


June 20th E-mail:
This week was a good week. It was an interesting week. We did quite a bit of walking, but we got to help a few families out this week.
Yesterday we had a really cool experience. We knocked on the door of one of our old investigators and his brother from Lima answered the door and let us in. We talked to him for about a half hour and he told us all about his life. He told us that he is separated from his wife and his kids, but he came to visit them for fathers day. He had a really strong testimony of Christ, however, and he has been able to find strength in Him. We shared the Book of Mormon with him and we talked about eternal families as well. As we talked to him I realized just how much the gospel blesses families that live it. I also was reminded by this man that we aren't ever alone. I am so grateful that my family is united in the gospel. What a blessing. 
Yesterday, I gave a talk in church and I had the last talk. I went up to speak at 10:35. I was really wondering how in the world I was going to take up all that time, as I walked up I was laughing a little bit along with the first councilor, but I talked of Fathers and used a talk from Elder Holland a little bit as well. It went very well and I really hope I was able to help the people. I know talking a lot has never been a weakness of mine so I guess the Lord was letting me use my talents a little bit. I am so grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost and for the guidance that it gives to us in our lives. As a missionary I have come to realize just how real that gift is. 
I am very excited for one week more in the work here in Viru. We had changes yesterday and I'm staying here with Elder Cruz for his last transfer of his training. I'm excited for one transfer more here in Viru! I know this is the work of the Lord. I know he is patient with us and is always willing to help us become better. I know he blesses us with opportunities in our lives so that we can learn, grow and find happiness. 


Hoops in Viru
Our branch president works at a brand new court here and we got to go try it out last Monday.
It was a good time.
The zone in our new zone jerseys

the zone at the top of the castle a few weeks ago

No comments:

Post a Comment