Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Monday, July 11, 2016

Week 46 - Viru


One more week here in Viru is in the books! It was a great week and I really enjoyed it. This week I had the chance to go on two companion exchanges and I really got to learn a lot from the other Elders about how they teach and what they are doing to have success in getting to know new people to teach.
This last week we had a family home evening in our branch presidents house with a few other members and it went very well. We shared a mormon message that talked about being obedient. It was a really awesome video. I really like one part of it when Elder Eyring talks and suggests that we pray in the morning and ask for the help of the Lord to be able to be obedient for one day. I really hope that helped inspire the people present to keep pushing forward and take living the gospel day by day. I know that as we work day by day to do the best we can and as we work day by day in the work of The Lord he helps us reach our full potential.
This week we had the chance to meet a few new families. The gospel really can help anybody and can answer the questions that so many people have in the world today.
This week we got the opportunity to teach a family about how marriage can be a blessing for their family and how the gospel is a sure foundation for their family. I really enjoyed teaching about the family and it is so cool to see the progress of these families. The people here are very humble and despite their difficulties they are always willing to press forward with hope.
Yesterday we had a transmission from the area Presidency for all of the members in the area and it was really awesome. As they encouraged the members during the transmission I tried to put myself in their shoes a little bit and I realized that they have some really important responsibilities that seemed like they were going to take lots of time, but in the end Elder Uceda repeated the words of Elder Bednar and said basically that we don't need to take more time to fulfill our responsibilities, but rather we need to focus on our goals and work towards them in the time that we do have.
I know that the Lord always provides the way for us to accomplish what he wants us to do. I know that as we work hard that he helps us accomplish great things.

Cookin up some churros. 
We made a ton and I'm pretty sure I don't need to eat another churro for a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment