Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Week 47 - Viru

This was another good week here in Viru. 
Last Monday we had a family home evening in a recent converts house and it went very well. We had plans to talk about the Book of Mormon, but as we started we realized that there was only one other guy in the room. We ended up talking a little bit about moms and read a few verses from Alma 56. It was a great uplifting experience.
Later on in the week we got the chance to teach a less active family. The parents are Maria and Amarante. They are so great and I really enjoyed teaching them. The dad has gone through a few troubles, but as we talked and read with him I saw that the spirit was able to comfort him. The Book of Mormon is such a powerful book. We I really enjoy using it and it makes teaching about a million times easier.(I think I've said that a million times in my summaries, but its so true.) 
On Wednesday I had a district leaders training meeting in Trujillo and it was a great training. In the beginning we read in the book of Mormon for a little while and President Rios showed us how we should always be finding lessons that we can apply to our own lives and circumstances as we read the scriptures. It is so true the scriptures really can teach us so much if we are applying what we learn and feel as we read them to our own lives. 
In the end of this last week we had a little activity in the Church and quite a few people came actually. It kind of shocked me a little bit actually!(maybe i should have more faith haha) We started out by asking the question what makes our church special or what makes it different than the rest? then we watched a great little video about the Book of Mormon. One member also helped out a ton and provided us with a little snack as well. 
I have said many times that having a good attitude is very important and once again id say that's the truth. It is not something that is easy always. This last week I didn't really feel super excited and I got a little bit frustrated at times, but I know that I am exactly where I need to be and I know that this is the work of the Lord. It is not an easy work, but it is important. I am so grateful for the many blessings that I have received from my Heavenly Father and especially for the atonement. I know the atonement has the power to change and improve lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment