Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Monday, November 7, 2016

Week 62 - Huaraz

This week we had a great week in the work! We tried to work a little bit more with the members this week and were greatly blessed by doing so. 
Last tuesday one of the members that was going to help us got sick in the morning and didnt think that we would have time to go help her and give her a blessing. When we stopped talking to her on the phone we went to her house and helped her out. We were able to help give her comfort as well. She had been going through a few trials in her family. The Lord always puts us where his children really are in need. By the night time she was feeling better and helped us teach a new family that we met. 
This week one Hermana named Hermana Julia helped us a ton as well. She is a pretty funny lady. She talks to everyone in the street, and always invites them to listen to us. Im convinced that she knows about half of the popultation of Huaraz. We have been visiting one of her cousins and this past week we went to visit her cousin with her and she helped us a ton. Her cousin hasnt been able to come to church very regularly lately because she has been working, but Hermana Julia testified to her of the blessing that she would recieve if she could keep the sabath day holy, and by the end of the lesson she was excited to go to church. Yesterday she got to church about 20 minutes early, and she has been reading the Book of Mormon as well.
This past saturday we got to have a family home evening with Hermana Agripina and her family. They invited their neighbors over, who are Jehovas Witness, and we had a good little lesson about having faith and acepting the will of God. We ate cake and ice cream in the end. It was a good Family Home Evening.
This week I also had the privilege to work in my first area for a day. We had a companion exchange with the elders in Caraz. When I got there I remembered for a second how I felt a year ago when I first got there. I wasnt sure if I was going to be able to make it. The Lord really humbled me a lot and I learned to rely on him. I know that he lives and that he listens. Thanks to him I have been able to make it to where I am right now. I am so grateful for the mission. I am also very grateful for our Heavenly Fathers perfect plan and the opportunity we have to always progress and learn. I know this is the work of the Lord. 
lunch today with our new pensionista Hermana Gabi.(we dont normally eat in our sports clothes, but we had plans to go play basketball after today) She is an awesome pensionista! the photo isnt great, but its good enough ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment