Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Monday, November 14, 2016

Week 63 - Huaraz

Every week just seems to go by faster here in the mission. This past week was a busy and a great one.
Last Monday we had a family home evening with the Rodriguez family(the family that let me use their computer last Christmas to do Skype) and we talked about eternal families. It was great and I realized how much this knowledge changes our perspective and the choices that we make in life.
This week we invited one of the families that we are visiting to read the Book of Mormon. It was an awesome lesson. In the end the son told us that he didn't want to read the book, so my companion and I decided to be persistent and not leave it at that. We testified and talked to him a little bit more, and in the end he said that he would read. My companion is a great teacher of the gospel, and in the time that we have had working together I have learned a lot more about how to teach with power and authority.
We also got to read the Book of Mormon a little bit with one of our investigators that has been progressing quite a bit. There has been a lot of opposition in her path from her family and her neighbors, but she is enduring with faith. She is a great example. She has her own little cafe in her house, and for a couple of weeks now she has closed her cafe on Sunday. I know that the Lord is preparing his children and as long as we work hard and pray specifically for these people the Lord will help them to keep progressing.
One of the highlights of my week was seeing Hermana Agripina and her daughters bring a family member to church and to a family home evening. Seeing people become converted to the Gospel of Christ is one of the greatest things that I have seen on my mission. I am so grateful that they are still progressing and that they have the desire to share the Gospel.
I know that faith is powerful and that having faith in Christ changes our lives. I am grateful to be a missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment