Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Week 86 - Chimbote

Monday, April 24, 2017

This past week was another great week here in Chimbote. It is so awesome to see how the Lord´s work presses forward. It´s has also been very nice to see that the heat of the summer here is starting to calm down a little bit. I do enjoy a little bit cooler weather that´s for sure.
Last Monday we had a great p-day. We got to relax a little bit and we also got to go play basketball with Hermano Diego and his cousin. (in the picture There´s Hermano Diego, his cousin, Elder Parra and myself)  It was a really fun p-day.
This past week we had an awesome activity in a member´s house. We watched a few of the new videos that the church released to remember Christ during the Easter season and we got to play a few little games as well. I love the videos about the principles and the experiences that the people share in them. It´s great to see how the gospel really changes peoples lives for the better and how it helps their families. It was awesome because a few of our investigators were able to come as well as a few of our recent converts. I am grateful for the members and for their efforts in the work here. It was a successful activity.
This week we have gotten to teach Hermano Efren a little bit and he came to church again. It amazes me how he reacts every time that we teach him. He is always so grateful and is so willing to live the gospel. I know we are not working alone in this work and that Hermano Efren has been prepared. We invited him to be baptized this week and he accepted the invitation, so hopefully in a few weeks he will be ready.
Hermana Fany is still doing well. Her job is related to the fishing industry, however, so as the fishing season is starting she has less time to meet with us. She still has a very sincere desire to learn and I'm sure she will keep progressing. She had to work all night on Saturday, but nevertheless still came to church early Sunday morning. We are very privileged to get to help great people in our area.
We had a multi zone training here this past week as well. President Ríos is very inspired! He talked about the Plan of Salvation and related it to the importance of finding new investigators. He really helped me to change my perspective and to see the people around me differently. He helped us to comprehend that the Lord is preparing the people in each and every one of our areas. We have work diligently to find them.
I´m grateful for the time that I have to be a missionary. I know that the Savior lives and that he payed the price for each and every one of our sins. I know that he was resurrected and lives.




Last monday we met up with Hermano Diego and his cousin to play basketball by the church. I played hermano Diego one on one. It was a pretty good time. I finally started making a few shots towards the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment