Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Week 89 - Chimbote

Monday, May 15, 2017

This past week was a great week full of many blessings. We got to know a few new people. We also had some very uplifting experiences.
Last Monday night my companion and I traveled to Trujillo with a few other missionaries and we had a training last Tuesday with President Ríos, Sister Ríos, and the assistants. We talked about Christlike attributes and they really helped us realize that we have to love our missions. I will never forget what my parents and a friend told me a while ago, that we can only control our attitude and our effort. I have been very blessed and I have been able to find joy in The Lords´s work. I know that being a full time missionary for two years is a great blessing.
This past week we got to teach Hermano Efren and his wife, Hermana Eva, they are very loving people and are always so grateful for our visits. This week was actually the first time that we got to teach Hermana Eva. She has been going to another church, but has decided to listen to us after seeing how happy her daughter and husband are in the church. I know that the gospel blesses families and we are very excited for the chance to help their family.
Hermana Fany is still progressing as well. She has progressed so much and has decided to get baptized this Saturday. We got to talk to her a little bit about the commandments this past week. She was very willing to live them. It is interesting how our faith in the basic principles of the gospel helps us to strive to be obedient to all of the commandments.
Yesterday, Mother´s Day, was an awesome day. Getting to Skype the family was great as always! Then in the afternoon when we arrived to the door of a member´s house I saw a little family on the sidewalk waiting for a bus. As I got closer I realized that I knew the family. It was Hermana Monica and her two kids. She lives in Viru. She is one of Elder Herget and I´s converts. It was great to see her and her family. She told me that they are all doing great. It was awesome to hear that.
I know this is the Lord´s work. I know that families are so important in God´s plan.

Here is a picture from our training in Trujillo. There´s more pictures on the mission blog as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment