Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Week 90 - Chimbote

Monday, May 22, 2017

This past week was a great week. We were super busy and we also received a visit from President and Sister Ríos. It´s always nice see them.
Last Monday we taught Hermana Fany her last lesson. She has learned a ton in these past few weeks and got baptized this Saturday. It was a great baptism. A lot of the members came to support her as well so that was awesome to see. I really liked the bishop´s welcome that he gave to her. Her basically told her that her family got a lot bigger and she has a lot more brothers and sisters with imperfections and talents. I am very grateful to be serving here in my area at this time.
Our Investigator, Hermano Efren, is doing very well. He went to church yesterday and it is just so awesome to see how active he is in the classes. He really does find joy learning about the gospel and seeing it makes me pretty happy.
Another investigator that we have only been teaching for a few weeks, Hermano Edson, came to church for the first time this past week as well. He is 19 years old and has gone to a few churches before. He had a great experience at church yesterday. The members were all super friendly and we got to go visit him with one of the members after church. We talked a little bit about The Book of Mormon with him, and at the end of our visit Hermano Edson shared his testimony with us. He told us that he knows that we didn't get to his house just by chance.
Getting to teach such great people reminds me that we don't work alone in this great work. I know that the Lord prepares his children, and as President Ríos taught us this week there are many people just waiting for us to find them.
This past week President and Sister Ríos came to our room and checked it out to make sure that we are keeping things in order. It was great to have their visit. I know they are called of God.
Yesterday, we had transfers. I am going to be staying here in my area for one more transfer with my two companions. I am excited for one more transfer here.
I know that this is the work of the Lord and I know that our obedience brings us blessings.



My companions, Hermano Jorge, Hermana Fany, and myself


all of the missionaries in Chimbote and Casmaa after a training this past week




No comments:

Post a Comment