Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Week 1 - MTC

Wow it has been quite the week here in Peru! It is different from Montana thats for sure but I love it! There are so many awesome Missionaries here. A lot of the older ones who have been here for quite a few weeks have been helping us out a bunch.
The first few days here were hard, but once we got into the routine every thing really smoothed out. The classes here are not one bit easy, but nobody ever said it was going to be easy, only that it would be worth it. I love it here. Our teachers so far have been great. They speak mostly Spanish so we play some sherades with them. I have already been forgetting english as I learn spanish so excuse my bad sentences if there are any.
Elder Klein my companion from Indiana is awesome. We have taught two lessons so far in Spanish and they are going pretty good considering we dont really know a whole lot of spanish....our lessons do consist of some sherades every now and then too haha. I have learned soooo much since coming here holy moly! Elder Bednar mainly taught us that the spirit is the teacher so we need to be sure to include him in our lessons. The other thing he taught us which I really loved was that we as humans are agents NOT objects. So we need to act like it and treats others like it. I really loved that.
We have had rice for almost every meal except for breakfast....oh wait we have had it for every meal except for breakfast hahaha its good though. The food is good! One of my highlights from the first week was the ice cream....its delicious. Way better than American Ice Cream! :)
The people here are sooo nice. There are a lot of Latinos here at the CCM(spanish version of MTC). They love chicolets(gum idk how to spell that but thats how it sounds) it is so funny. They are super good at soccer too. We play soccer almost every day for our physical activity. They have a turf soccer field here and a nice basketball court outside too that I am anxious to try out as well as some ping pong tables. The CCM President is so good at ping pong! WOW!
So far in my time here I have learned how to pray and testify pretty good in spanish. I also wrote a talk last week because you are required to write one for every sunday and then they just randomly pick people to talk. It is really cool. The Branch Presidency for the CCM is awesome. Their joke is that they always have 100% attendance. I have also gotten the opportunity to be the district leader of my district here for the fist 3 weeks. It is so awesome because my disctrict is litterally soooo solid. They are so nice and have strong testimonies.
This morning we got to to go the Lima Temple and I got to do Initaitory Work. It was a great opportunity. It is crazy how much spanish you are able to understand with the spirit.
Last week when we were in the computer lab there was an earth quake... two actually. You could feel them for sure, but they were small. No need to worry :)
I know this is where I am supposed to be and I am so greatful for this opportunity. Yo se que el libro de mormon es verdadero, que Thomas S. Monson es un Profeta de Dios, y que JesuCristo es el salvador. Translate that ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment