Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Monday, August 1, 2016

Week 49 - Viru


This past week was a really great week here in Viru! We also had transfers yesterday and I am going to be staying here for six more weeks with my companion Elder Cruz. I really do enjoy serving here in Viru.
This week was a really awesome week in the work. We got to know a few new families and we got to help a few people progress a little bit. The highlight of my week was probably a lesson that we had with a family this last Friday. We had taught the mom and the daughter of this family before, but we hadn't been able to teach them all together yet. We were proselyting over by their house and our visit fell through so we decided to see if they were home. The dad answered the door and said come in. After a few minutes the whole family was sitting in their living room and we got to teach them about the restoration. They had great questions and it really was an uplifting experience for me. The mom really likes the church because she knows it will help her kids. In the end of the lesson the mom stood up and said ¨you know what I like about this? we are all together as a family.¨ That made my whole day. The gospel really does bring families together!
This week we also got the chance to be part of the Trek that they had here in Viru for the first time ever. The youth really enjoyed it and learned a lot. We got to go with them for the first day and we shared stories of the pioneers and encouraged them in the path. I cannot imagine how tough the pioneers were. They had such firm testimonies. I am grateful for their examples.(i included a photo of my companion, Frank, and I)
This week we also got to work with the family that i talked about last week a little bit. Carlos and Eliza are doing well. She left on a little trip this week, so we just taught him. He is really humble. We explained repentance to him this week and talked about baptism. He is very willing to learn and I really enjoy teaching him. This week I have realized that so many people really feel that they need to be baptized, but just are scared to enter the path. I really like how it explains in the scriptures that fear doesn't come from the Lord. I am very grateful for that knowledge that we have. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is one of Hope and Happiness.
I am so grateful for this gospel and for the blessings it brings into our lives. I am grateful for a Father in Heaven that loves us and is patient with us. I know that he knows us personally.
Pday hoops at the church

TREK

Frank, Elder Miller & Elder Cruz at TREK

No comments:

Post a Comment