Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Monday, August 29, 2016

Week 53 - Viru


This week was another really great week here in Viru. The highlight of this week was definitely a little conference that we had in Trujillo this week with Elder Montoya of the 70 and his wife Sister Montoya. He is the second counselor of our area here in South America. 
They shared many life experiences that really helped me to strengthen my faith and really inspired me. Sister Montoya Spoke first and she shared with us a few pieces of advice that I really liked. She said that as missionaries we get rejected a lot, but it is so important that we maintain a good attitude at all times. It definitely isnt something new, but it was a good reminder. They both talked a lot about being consecrated as well. Elder Montoya shared a lot of stories about the power of the priesthood that have really motivated me to do my best each and every day to live worthy of the POWER of the priesthood. One thing that he said as well that has echoed in my head all week is ¨ustedes cambian vidas¨ it means you change lives. He shared with us stories from his mission and his kids missions. The Gospel of Jesus Christ really does change lives.
This week we had a good lesson with the family that I talked about last week, Carlos and Elisa. We got to talk to them more about Christ and the power of the atonement. It was really cool to see hope grow in them as we talked with them. I know the Lord has sent us to them for a reason, and that with his divine help they will be able to overcome their challenges and all will be well.
This week we also got to do a few visits with our old pensionistas sister. Her name is Arminda. It was really interesting actually. We brought her to a house to visit a family and it turned out that the mom was her neighbor when they were kids. Sunday they sent their kids to church, so that is one step in the right direction. Little by litte.
Yesterday we got to visit my converts, Monica, Manuel and Gonzalo. I really enjoyed talking to them. Gonzalo explained to us the change that he has seen in his son, Manuel, and it made me super happy getting to listen to his testimony of missionary work. I really enjoy being a missionary. It is a great privilege to be able to serve. I definitely have lots of things to improve, but I know that as I keep pressing forward the Lord will help me become a better teacher of the gospel and help make weak things become strong unto me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment