Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Week 51 -Viru

Email Summary from:
August 15, 2016
Helo I am back in Viru this pday and it is a super nice day here. My companion and I had a pretty good week in the work here. I really enjoy serving here in Viru. 
We had a really good visit with a family that we have been teaching for quite a while. They are really awesome and we have a few members that have helped us a bunch with this family. They are working towards a wedding right now. They are kind of nervous, but little by little we are helping them to overcome their fear. It has been really cool to see their faith grow. The wife in the beginning had a few doubts, but right now she really has a desire to do the right.
This week we had a lesson with an old invesigator that we havent visited very much lately. He is one our recent converts husband. He has a few doubts. In the beginning of the lesson we shared the scripture in D&C 6:36, and we talked a lot about how the gospel helps us not to have fears or doubts in our lives. It is something that we forget at times I thing, but it is something that I love about the gospel. As we strive to have more confidence in Christ he helps fill our lives with hope and happiness. 
This week we also got to go visit one of our investigators with the first councilor of our branch. I havent really had the chance to work much with him, but he really helped us explain the apostasy and the restoration. It was really awesome to see our investigator understand the importance of the restoration. He came to church yesterday for the first time and is progressing little by little.  
This week I also had the chance to do a companion exchange with one elder, named Elder Ricse, In the district that is being trained by a really good elder, named Elder Hart. It was a really fun day. We had a few great lessons, and we got to teach a family that was recently baptised about repentance. Being a missionary is such a blessing. I really enjoy it and I am very grateful for the patience that our Father in Heaven has with us. I know that this is his work and that thanks to Christ and his atonement everything is possible. I know that families can be together forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment