Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Week 52 -Viru

Email Summary from week of: 
August 22nd

This week was another good week here in Viru. My companion and I got to work with lots of great people this week and were able to enjoy another week in the work of the Lord. 
When I think about this past week one family really sticks out to me. Carlos, Elisa and their two kids. We have been teaching them for quite some time now and they have come to church a few times. We have been talking to them alot about marriage lately as we try and help them to see the importance of it. Slowly they have been progressing towards a marriage. They are passing through a few trials right now as a family. We visited them this week with our old pensionista and she brought up the idea of doing a fast. So that is what we did with them. It went super great. They also came to all three hours of church yesterday, and it was really awesome because the whole third hour was all about marriage. I am so grateful for the oportunity that I have to walk with these people for a short time in their lives to be able to help them grow closer to Christ. I know that he lives and that he will help and bless this family. 
This last wednsday was a pretty interesting day. In the morning we almost had our plans ready to go, but we just needed one member to help us with a visit. We couldnt find one for the life of us either. I was a little bit frustrated, but as I look back I know it was for a reason. We later passed by the relief society presidents house and asked her if she could help us with a visit, and she told us that she could. Later that day we went to the visit and the person we were going to visit wasnt there, so we walked for a few minutes, then we decided to visit one of the relief society presidents neighbors. Long story short. We got to know her neighbor and her family this week. They are super great people and they told us that the night before we visited them that they had been talking about churches, and had come to the conclusion that it was a good time to really get closer to our Heavenly Father and come to church. I am very grateful that Heavenly Father is preparing people in our area to receive the gospel. 
I know this is the work of the Lord and I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a part of it. I know that Christ lived, died, and was resurrected for us. I know he is a perfect example for each and every one of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment